Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Wednesday, August 27, 2003

A few days ago on one of the yahoo groups I post on, someone commented on a recent poem, I think it was "The Purging." Anyway, the person said that some of the images reminded him of the early days of Everquest. How very ironic, this, a videogame. That most definitely was not the effect I had in mind. But oh well. Live and let live... Let's hope that's as far away from me as possible.
Right now I feel life is like that U2 song, It's a Beautiful Day (don't let it get away) where all these bad things keep happening, but the attitude of the person is not that negatively impacted. I mean I've some material things and just today a source of transportation. But like someone said, when one door closes, a brand new one opens up. I feel I'm on the verge of one of the most exciting times of my life, in the midst of near-poverty. And I'm happy about this. It all comes down to one thing. The things I was so stressed and sad about last night turned out not to be as bad or as final as I thought. At least I hope they stay this way. Keep praying. Strange for me to say since I haven't usually been all that religious in my life. But when things are important you learn to look toward something bigger than the self, and place your desparate hopes there. I really do hope I'm not just fooling myself, but I don't think that's how it is.

No comments: