Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Friday, August 29, 2003

They scheduled an inservice today at work. Vi told everyone, "if you see 9999 on your pagers, come back down to the storeroom." Well of course everyone thought the worst, you know. It turned out that they were just having Andy from Lee's Summit come and demonstrate some new taski-type mops they got for everybody. By the end of the day, there were at least two people who absolutely hated them. But I've used them before at North Kansas City Hosp. I happen to think they're a heck of a lot better than those raggedy old string mops we'd been using. Bye the way, I should be asking Andy the next time I see him if he wants me to store away those pillows I find every now and then that are from Lee's Summit. Hahaha! Some of them I've even labeled "Property of LSH" myself! I wonder how they ended up all the way out to Indep. Regional. lol. Thieving ambulance drivers most likely.
I've got an extra day off that I didn't find out about until today. That means I'm off Friday, Saturday, work Sunday, off Monday, then have have three days on till I'm off again. But they STILL haven't posted my October time. I hope this isn't their way of somehow getting out of it. That would be so lame.
Dun Laoghaire has been accepted into Brooks, as far as I know... there was to be another phone conversation with a student administrator this evening but I'll have to wait to find out how it went. So keep your fingers crossed, everybody!
I have another poetry reading tomorrow night. This will be my second one. I may still be a little scared, but at least I'm not petrified like I was when I first got up there. I'll be by myself I think. My daughter has a church retreat to go to. My son, I don't think he'll want to. You know, it's probably something of a test... I can handle it.

No comments: