Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Wednesday, August 20, 2003

The Sound Of His Voice

Today has found me confused
lost, wondering, waiting
wandering, searching
so lost.
What would I be then
without the possibility
of you.
Should have been more
careful in what to wish for
Ask and you shall receive
a flood of heat and desire.
I close my eyes and allow the
images remembered to take hold
and send me transfixed to
another place.
Now that such a gift has
been released in a sense
I know that his pull is
one of pure addiction
that seems to know before
I know myself how badly I
need the sound of his voice
in my ear, that calming effect
for when my thoughts are
working overtime and blocked
words threaten to tumble out
to hang in the air, each batting
against others in a rush of
convoluted meaning only he can
decipher with just a few words
of his own.

No comments: