Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Sunday, August 24, 2003

The Purging

I am not running away,
this place is sanctuary
and casts influence
to find consolation alone.
I am not running away.
This is where a shaman
goes to heal the self,
rid the pain of too much loss.
For the journey this time
turns again through an
early September, runs rampant
to a hard ending in November.
It's here, when I'm ready,
when it becomes too great.
I can stare it down, embrace it,
birth it out of me daily if I have to.
Right here on the coolness of sand
where the leaves would have turned
and the boardwalk has been shut down.
I will find no distractions
in placing turquoise, amethyst, rosaries,
bury turtle pins and charm bracelets.
This time it will be Asbury Park
turned my Callanish.

No comments: